Group & Student Accommodation | Sydney Harbour
Affordable Accommodation, Sydney Harbour
The Land’s Edge Foundation Sydney Harbour accommodation and education facility is designed for use by schools and other groups in order that they can access the natural beauty of the Sydney Harbour environment in an affordable manner.
Situated in the unique and historic precinct of Chowder Bay on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour, the facility features:
- large dining room/common room in a peaceful bushland setting, seats up to 90, can be used for multiple purposes
- 11 bunk beds rooms & 2 double/twin rooms, all with views of Sydney Harbour
- choice of fully catered or self-catered facilities
- kitchen with large gas oven, microwave, commercial toaster, fridges, pans,
utensils, crockery etc..
- separate staff bathrooms
- audio visual equipment: data projector, drop-down large screen, DVD player & set top box, integrated sound system, large moveable whiteboard
- wireless internet throughout building
- wheelchair access and facilities for disabled persons
- 100% wool carpets
- portable heaters or fans supplied (depending on season)
- 24 hour lodge manager
- Land’s Edge Foundation office on site
- outdoor classroom adjacent to building
- bus stop adjacent to building
- various parking options available
- free wireless internet available
Chowder Bay is a historical maritime village set in natural bushland and the stunning harbour as a background. It is surrounded by two significant areas of open space – Clifton Gardens Reserve and Sydney Harbour National Park. Both of which are linked by walking tracks to other places of interest including Taronga Zoo, Balmoral Beach and Headland Park. Chowder Bay is a short drive to/from Mosman where groups can access supermarkets, medical facilities, pharmacies etc
Given the ease of reaching Land’s Edge Foundation Sydney Harbour via public transport, Land’s Edge recommends the use of public transport to and from the facility. In fact, Land’s Edge Foundation offers programming that encourages students themselves to learn the skills of travelling via public transport through the Land’s Edge Foundation Public Transport Challenge program. Alternatively, groups can access the facility via Sydney Buses, by private coach or vehicle, by ferry – or by foot. If required, Land’s Edge Foundation can arrange, or help groups coordinate transport to and from the facility. Land’s Edge Foundation arranges all in-program travel.
Land’s Edge Foundation Sydney Harbour covers all catering and non-complex dietary requirements for programs in this location unless groups undertaking residential programming wish to self-cater at the Land’s Edge Foundation Sydney Harbour facility.
Land’s Edge Foundation adheres to the Australia & New Zealand Food Standards Code, meeting, in particular, Standards 3.2.2 (Food Safety Practices & General Requirements) and Standard 3.2.3 (Food Premises & Equipment).
Here, in one of the world’s most iconic and important harbour environments, Land’s Edge Foundation works in partnership with a number of organisations to deliver a unique outdoor education product for primary and secondary school students:
- Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS)
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- Sydney Harbour Federation Trust
Look No Further. Contact Us Now.
Land’s Edge Foundation is one of Australia’s leading not-for-profit organisers of outdoor education experiences for young people.
See below for experiences we offer...
SYDNEY HARBOUR GROUP ACCOMMODATION
P: (02) 9969 0038 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Building 1, Chowder Bay Rd, Chowder Bay NSW 2088